EXPLORE RECRUITMENT OPPORTUNITIES
· Recruitments are the formal application process that each IUEC local has every 2 years.
· Eligible applicants can submit their application online for the Local they chose once that recruitment is live.
· Upon submission of the application, there are two more steps before one can be considered for the apprenticeship: the Elevator Industry Aptitude Test and an interview.
ELEVATOR INDUSTRY APTITUDE TEST (EIAT)
· The EIAT assesses applicants on basic arithmetic, reading comprehension, mechanical comprehension, and general tool knowledge.
· You will be notified whether you passed or failed the Elevator Industry Aptitude Test. If you have received a passing score you will also receive instructions for the next steps to take to continue the recruitment process.
THE NEIEP INTERVIEW
· Applicants who receive a score of 70% or higher on the aptitude test will be scheduled for an interview. Correct responses on the tool assessment will count toward the final score on the interview.
· Interviews are conducted by two members of the Joint Apprenticeship Committee (JAC), one from the IUEC and one from the Employer side. All applicants will be asked the same series of questions. On average interviews run from 15 to 20 minutes.
· The interview process is standardized across the country. No matter what recruitment you apply for you will be asked the same questions and be ranked using the same rubric.
· A candidate’s interview score will be the average of the scores provided by the two interviewers.
STEP2of4TestTake the EIAT
STEP4of4ResultsHow You Rank
The National Elevator Industry Educational Program (NEIEP) is a joint labor-management educational trust fund serving the International Union of Elevator Constructors (IUEC) and the employers who employ its members.